Photo Blog: Uttarakhand, India Through My Camera Lens



Date 11th November 2017 to 23rd November 2017


I have recently got a chance to visit Uttrakhand, India. I Started my journey from Kolkata, West Bengal on 11th November. It was 11 days long trip in which I covered Haridwar, Kalpeshwar, Badrinath, Mana and Vasudhara, Joshimath and Auli.


I have provided few of my unique experiences during the trip in my earlier posts, and you will find the link below this particular post as well in case you want to go through them.  I carried my Camera with me and decided to add some photographs of my recent trip to this blog. You will find the detailed description below every photo including when and where I took them for your better understanding.

Now before you go through these photographs let me give a big shoutout that I am no professional photographer, but I wanted to share my recent travelling experiences with you. So don't forget to give thumbs up or add some positive comments if you liked or loved this post.
                        
                          Day 1 HARIDWAR
                                            

Spent some time on the banks of the Ganges and watched the evening Arati which takes every evening at the Har Ki Pauri ghats before heading to my next destination the next day.


Day 2: Haridwar to Peepal Kothi and Kalpeshwar


The famous landmark of Haridwar is called the Har Ki Pauri Ghat. Thousands of Pilgrims visit here during the time of Kumbha Mela which takes place every twelve years.



A view from the top of Devaprayag where river Alaknanda and Bhagirathi meets and becomes river Ganga or ganges. This place also happens to be one of the Panch Prayag.



This is the view you will get once you walk down the stairs towards the river bed. Started my journey from Devaprayag and reached Peepal Kothi.



DAY 3
Peepal Kothi to Kalpeshwar and Badrinath


This was taken on the way to Kalpeshwar from Peepal kothi. Distance from Peepal Kothi to Lyari village from where you actually start your trek to Kalpeshwar temple is about 189 Kilometers(Approx). 

About this photograph well I convinced him a lot to pose for this particular photo after 3 packets of Biscuits he finally agreed to help me out.

  


On the way to Kalpeshwar temple. The board says that the temple is located at a height of 2134 metres from the sea level. This is actually the fifth kedar and every year during Shivratri local residents gather and celebrate the occasion. The river which flows beneath the temple is called KalpaGanga also called Hiranbati. The priests of this temple belongs from the Negi family and are also called Bhalla in local language.

  
You will have to cross this bridge before you could actually enter the temple. A new bridge is under construction and will take some time to complete.


Random shots of the Kalpeshwar temple..


 Another random shots of the Kalpeshwar temple


Entrance of the Kalpeshwar temple.


While coming back I met some kids of the Lyari village. You will have to reach the temple through the village and will have to follow the same route while coming back.


This Photograph was taken while I was coming back from Kalpeshwar. My next destination for the day was Badrinath which was about 69.4 Kilometers and takes about 3 hours. The roads are well maintained except few areas.




TO BE CONTINUED...

You can read about my experience by clicking the link below


Comments